| Race Report | BSR MX 5 Cup | Road America |

Pre Race

I did some testing and training during the week, even if my most time went into training at Lime Rock,  and improved my time step by step. Sunday morning I woke up with mixed emotions due to the race in Heusinkveld MX-5 World Tour. I could not finish, because I was turned around and even after some hours I felt anger, which is not good for driving a racing car.

So I took my time and tried to relax. Finally I started training not with effort to improve my time, but to get fun out of driving the MX5 at Road America. I do not expect to finish in Top Ten, but I want  solid places in Top Twenty as high as possible.

Thanks to Steve and Jamie, who showed me their lines. I improved nearly 1 second because of you guys. Great!


Race One

Start 16th – Finish 14th from 23 racers
Personal best: 2:33.787 | Fastest time: 2:30.126

Good start, made some places after first laps, but then, in a battle for top ten, I missed the last curve, because we were two wide. I got a slow down and had to let many cars go by. All in all a good result. Qualy in Top Twenty and finish there too. It is okay for me.


Race Two

Start 9th – Finish 19th from 21 racers
Personal best:  2:35.734| Fastest time: 2:31.658

Aarghh. I hit Michael Barrie in his rear in turn two. Sorry, Mick!
He had light damage, stabilized the car and drove in front of me. Because behind me the pack was pushing I choosed the right line on the straigth and overtook him. Mick was in the middle and someone overtook him on the grass. Slowly but surely Mick came to the right and tapped me from the left. I had no chance. My car flew to the left, Stelly crashed into me and after that Steve. Also Mick had no chance to survive. He disconnected. I will have to watch the replay again, but my view for now: I had no chance to avoid this.


Race Three

Start 20th – Finish 14th from 22 racers
Personal best: 2:32.301 | Fastest time: 2:29.987

Good start and then: I overdrove the car in turn two and spun off to the grass. OMG. I am a rookie. Afterwards it went good. I was able to overtake some and some had chrashes and incidents. So I came to Lorn, who had a damaged car. Behind me Anwar came nearer lap for lap. I followed both of them to wait for my chance. It came and I was in front. But again after that I made a little mistake. It all came down to the last lap. Hhhmmm, it was great battle and the rookie – I –, who was in front,  made the mistake, misjudged the corner and Lorn and Anwar both overtook me. End of story.


I am satisfied with those three results. Okay, race two I will review in my replays, but all in all it was a good sunday. See you all next sunday in Belgium – Zolder. Or is it a track in the Netherlands?